Music for me is like traveling or watching the New Orleans Saints. I just gotta have it in my life.
Now I cannot carry a tune to save my life and I cannot play an instrument nor do I know much about music but music is certainly a love. There are songs I love and there are artist I love. There are even albums I love and I am not even sure if i would consider myself a fan of some of the albums I love, but the albums that have captured my attention over and over, well, those albums are a part of me.
The album I have probably listened to the most is The Blues by Nina Simone. This album is a mix of songs from the late 60's and early 70's.
Here they are, the albums I certainly cannot live without...
- Agætis Byrjún by Sigur Rós
- Am I Not Your Girl by Sinéad O'Connor
- August and Everything After by Counting Crows
- Beats Rhymes and Life by A Tribe Called Quest
- Bigger, Better, Faster, More! by 4 Non Blondes
- Brown Sugar by D'Angelo
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend by Miranda Lambert
- Drums of Goree by Africa Djembé Orchestra
- Do You Want More_!!!_! by The Roots
- Faith by Faith Evans
- Face to Face by John Lee Hooker
- Heart of a Woman by Etta James
- Here, My Dear by Marvin Gaye
- I Do Not Want What I Have Not Got by Sinéad O'Connor
- Kerosene by Miranda Lambert
- Korn by Korn
- Led Zeppelin III by Led Zeppelin
- Life is Peachy by Korn
- Live Through This by Hole
- Live Trucker by Kid Rock
- Love Jones Soundtrack
- LunaPark by Luna
- Mamas Gun by Erykah Badu
- MTV Unplugged by Maxwell
- My Life by Mary J. Blige
- My World by Ray Charles
- Plantation Lullabies by Me'shell Ndegéocello
- Revolution by Miranda Lambert
- Sister Sweetly by Big Head Todd and the Monsters
- Still in Hollywood by Concrete Blonde
- That Lonesome Song by Jamey Johnson
- The Blues by Nina Simone
- The Emancipation of Mimi by Mariah Carey
- The Essence of Muddy Waters by Muddy Waters
- The Lion and The Cobra by Sinéad O'Connor
- The Miseducation of Lauren Hill by Lauren Hill
- Tigerlilly by Natalie Merchant
- VooDoo by D'Angelo
- Who is Jill Scott by Jill Scott
...and I certainly sing the songs on these albums as if my life did depend on it.
Happy new year!
Vide: Charlane Brady